Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Starting with the Intent to Finish

In 2010, I registered for the e-mail address onefitmamain2010@gmail.com. My intent was to make 2010, the year that I finally obtained the body that I longed for – a body that was slim, trim, and healthy.

I intended to blog about my goals and my pursuit of them. I envisioned posts recapping works, sharing recipes, and showcasing before and after photos. And for awhile, I blogged, but as the mother a newborn – I got busy.  Then I went back to work and real life got in the way of my blogging.

In small measure of success, I have managed to lose all of my baby weight, complete a few 5Ks races, start a local running group, and complete a 60 mile, 3 day walk since then.  But my body is still not what I want it to be.

As 2012 looms on the horizon, I feel the familiar pangs of longing stirring – a longing for this year to be the year. The year where I get the body that I want.  But why should I just keep longing, what is stopping me from achieving my goals. NOTHING!

My goal for 2012 is to shape up enough that I can enter and compete in a figure contests sanctioned by the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness.

This has been a secret goal of mine for years – so secret that my husband had no idea that I wanted to do this. And now, I am putting it out to the blogosphere (assuming anyone finds and reads my blog).

Before 2012 ends, I will enter a figure contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment